XpressEngine

온라인상담

메뉴 건너뛰기

Britain's World-beater Elizabeth II delivers her actor's line during the Res publica Chess opening of Fantan at the Menage of Lords in 2013.
REUTERS/Toby Melville pies i noworodek

Members of the Star sign of Lords will non effort to derail Brexit by at random block whatsoever legislature posting on the triggering of Clause 50, says the Verbalizer of the Mansion of Lords.

According to The Every day Telegraph psu widac zebra ,
Lord Henry Watson Fowler does non need to make discordance 'tween the Lords and the Green and bequeath non seek to "sabotage legislation" encompassing Brexit.

"The Lords recognise the primacy of the Commons based on the fact that they are the elected chamber and we are not," Henry Watson Fowler says in a tack together for the newspaper.

"In return most MPs value the check that scrutiny by the Lords provides. We are not here to sabotage legislation - dziecko i pies we are here to improve it."

There have been fears that the Lords - where the majority of members are cerebration to own favoured left over in the European Unification - could psu widac zebra utilise its powers to merely deflect bills from the Household of Commons, thus slowing pull down or yet derailing Brexit. The Lord Speaker, a previous Shipping Government minister and Button-down Party Chairman, denies that this is the guinea pig.

Suggestions offset came after Button-down match Peeress Wheatcroft recommended that the Lords English hawthorn pee attempts to stop the UK leaving the EU. "If it comes to a Bill, I think the Lords might actually delay things. I think there's a majority in the Lords for remaining," she aforementioned in November.

Under Brits law, chudy pies jak karmic whatever note passed by the Home of Green moldiness be approved in the Theater of Lords before officially entering into law. The arrangement is designed to provide a correspond to the world power of the frown house, peculiarly in times when the governing has a inviolable bulk (that is non currently the case).

Prime Curate Mother Theresa May's governing moldiness like a shot attempt the commendation of the Firm of Commonality earlier it tush touch off Article 50 and set about the dinner gown appendage of going the EU. That comes afterward a legal gainsay brought by campaigner Gina Henry Valentine Miller light-emitting diode to a High Court opinion that the governance is lawfully requisite to strait an act of fantan in front initiating Britain's evening gown withdrawal from the European Jointure.

Lord Verbaliser Norman Fowler.
Reuters/Kirsty Wigglesworth

The governing appealed that determination to the UK's highest court, the Supreme Tourist court.
The motor lodge is likely to chip in its verdict at or so direct in January, but it is unlikely that the ab initio ruling wish be upset.

In his article, Overlord Henry Watson Fowler goes on to hold the office of the Sign of the zodiac of Lords, which around pro-Brexit members of parliament make suggested could be abolished if it fails to sanction whatsoever Brexit statute law.

"Although we do not yet know the decision of the Supreme Court on triggering Article 50 let alone the contents of the Great Repeal Bill a number of MPs and indeed ministers have made threats aimed at the very existence of the Lords if there is any delay in the Brexit process," he writes.

"It is not my role to enter into the politics of Brexit, but I do think that I am entitled to defend the House of Lords from this kind of attack."