XpressEngine

온라인상담

메뉴 건너뛰기

Preppers must be ready to deal with a wide variety of survival situations ? from relatively common natural disasters through to rare events like electromagnetic pulses generated by solar flares. Good Point… I just read the Book ‘One Second After' and at least 80% of the people died are were murdered for what they had. I'm going to reply to this comment for the benefit of others who might come along and read this exchange, as I'm quite sure the original author probably won't be back to continue the dialogue.

You have to remember that any task you complete today using electricity will still have to be completed http://ohsalum.com/members/stringchina41/activity/737634 in the days after the power goes out. Regardless of the trigger, an EMP can be devastating to the power grid, resulting in rapidly changing electrical fields that will?create fluctuating electrical currents and wild voltage surges.

Take the time now to get to know your neighbors so that in a crisis, you have the chance of moving among them safely. Most of our electrical equipment is now made overseas, and damaged power transformers could take years to repair fully. Store other electronics that you don't regularly use, like generators, in a Faraday cage or similar container.

So even though it is a great all time four-wheel drive vehicle and can get through tough terrain, it would be absolutely useless after an EMP," Rick Austin said. Any good terrorist or even?a?state sponsored?enemy threat will be smart enough to allow us time install our spare power system to bring things back online.

With a bit of luck, we'll never have to put our EMP survival plan into real action. For those who haven't heard of it, an Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP) is a high-density electrical field that can damage or destroy electronic devices. This subject is very complicated and people need to study it. I think the best plan for power in the EMP/NUKE scenario is to expect to be without it. As well the Hiroshima bomb was a firecracker compared to what can be produced today.