XpressEngine

온라인상담

메뉴 건너뛰기

All of our lives would be drastically impacted if either a man-made or natural EMP disaster happened. Mine have survived a lightning hit because I use polyphaser/transtector protection on the panels themselves and all cables leading to charge controllers etc. Starfish Prime caused streetlights to blow out in Oahu; communications failures, airplanes in midair experienced electrical surges, and further the resulting EMP damaged six satellites.

Survive This first book will be part of a trilogy that is an all-encompassing look at the aftermath of a the NOEL" plague released by terrorists on Christmas. If your chosen vehicle has anti-lock brakes, electronic fuel injection or any other computer-controlled functions get spare controllers and add them to your gear.

Due to a limiting atmospheric saturation effect in the EMP-generation process, low-yield weapons produce a peak E1 field similar in magnitude to high-yield weapons if they are detonated at altitudes of 50-80 km. The advantage of high-yield weapons is that their range on the ground is affected less significantly when detonated at higher altitudes.

The threat of an Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP) strike on this country is a very well documented one, I have written about the threat in the past and have used information from the EMP Commission report which was published in 2004 in several of my articles.

In some circles, it is also known as a TED or Transient Electromagnetic Disturbance. Seasoned preppers, however, rank EMPs pretty high on the list of potentially disruptive events. There is a school of thought that says not to barter away food that you might need or weapons/ammo that might be used against you.

Another very important element in surviving any emergency is an understanding of what has happened, as well as a thorough knowledge of what the short-term and long-term effects of the event will be. Waste management will become a real problem after an EMP attack and you should think about how you can handle it.

This is especially true of the cheap no-name brand batteries that come with many cheap electrical goods. Minor EMP events may cause electrical noise or interference to devices. Bedford's approach, by contrast, is distinctly defensive ? what she calls maternal." Her site is filled with family-centered advice; her book, http://mocksoo.homp.Kr/?document_srl=799873 with its cheery, primary colors and clip art, hangs out in the family section of the bookstore.